Your Donations Make a Difference
When you donate to Community Support Advocates, you help continue much-needed support and programs like Momentum for Central Iowans with brain injuries, mental health issues, and disabilities. We can create stability for these individuals in all areas of their lives. All CSA services are available for Central Iowans because of the help of generous donations like yours.
We see the individuals we work with as whole people with diverse dreams for the future. Your donations allow us to offer ways to make those futures real. Thank you for helping to provide growth and resilience by partnering with us!
CSA is a 501(c)(3) organization and donations are tax-deductible.
Your donation can provide direct support to an individual or group of people enjoying community through art. Below are just a few areas that you can boost with your giving. If you’d prefer to donate to CSA directly, we will use your donation to benefit the area in most need. Here are some ways your donation can be used:
- $1,000.00 – Provide technology to support our members through telehealth OR sponsor a Momentum artist’s exhibition for their work.
- $500.00 – Provide a youth experiencing homelessness with a Housing Deposit OR self-employment training for an artist with a disability or mental health condition
- $250.00 – Provide groceries and essential needs OR art supplies for studio classes.
- $100.00 – Provide essential & safe transportation OR a workshop for artists to learn a new art media.
- $50.00 – Provide a phone to help someone stay connected OR supplies for artists to create within their home.
To see programs like Momentum impact our members and community for years to come, consider an endowment donation. These help all our services and programs have long-term sustainability. A great option is to give directly to our endowment at the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines. Here are a few other ways to donate by endowment:
- Legacy Gift
- Planned Giving
- Fundraisers with your group or organization
When you donate directly to CSA’s Endowment Fund you help programs like Momentum be sustainable. If you want to make a difference and receive increased tax benefits for your gift, you can donate to our Endow Iowa fund (allows taxpayers to receive a 25% Iowa tax credit in additional to normal federal charitable income tax deductions for certain charitable gifts).
Art Supply Donations:
We’re able to continue offering free art programs to individuals with disabilities and mental health conditions through Momentum largely due to donations of new and lightly used art supplies and tools. On behalf of all our artists, we have created an Amazon Wish List for our most needed supplies. If you’d like to make a quick, in-person donation of tools or supplies, please bring them to one of the drop-off locations below:
- Community Support Advocates – 6000 Aurora Ave. Des Moines, Iowa 50322
- Momentum Art Studio – 900 Keo Way Studio #109 Des Moines, Iowa 50309
Looking for more suggestions to give? Check out our 7 Ways to Give Chart.
Who do I talk to if I have questions about how to donate to Community Support Advocates?
Please contact our Executive Director, Christina Smith, at 515-883-1776 or by email.
I’m interested in showing your support in other ways. How can I help?
Are you an artist who would like to mentor within our Momentum art program? Do you have a skill or service that you are willing to share as a volunteer? Please contact our Program Coordinator, Kelsey Kleinow, at 515-883-1776 or by email.