This art exhibition features Central Iowa artists living with disabilities or mental illness. Please join us on October 6th for both a virtual event and our live exhibition at Mainframe Studios. We are actively seeking sponsors for this incredible event. Learn more here.
Momentum Works of Growth and Recovery is an annual art competition and exhibition of winners featuring Central Iowa artists who are living with a mental health condition or disability. This year our exhibition, will be held October 6, 2023 at Mainframe Studios from 5-8PM. We will also have a virtual exhibition of winners open the month of October. If you would like to learn more about the competition visit here.
Each year Momentum chooses a new juror to select the works included in our exhibition.
- 2023 Guest Juror Jill Wells, Iowa-based artist, advocate and mentor
- 2022 Guest Juror Robert B. Moore, Artist, Activist, Mental Health Advocate
- 2021 Guest Juror Beau Kenyon, Composer, Public Artist, & Consultant for Creative Communities
- 2020 Guest Juror Rachel Buse, Co-Owner of Portrait Studio and Manager of Art Beacon.
- 2019 Guest Juror Chaden Halfhill, Founder & CEO of Silent Rivers
- 2018 Guest Juror was Susan Watts, Owner at Olson-Larsen Galleries.
If you or someone you know might be interested in being next year’s juror, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.